If you've spent any time with me, you know I can be quite....expressive. I usually have extreme feelings on things being that I don't just like or dislike but that I LOVE or HATE something. And I'm usually not shy to say what I think or feel - I think the phrase that Mexican Princess uses often is "What do you really think, L?" with snickers after it.
This all plays into my experience at the grocery store last night. I remembered that I needed more fabric softener so I scooted down the aisle with my crappy shopping cart that couldn't steer to the array of options. Normally, because I can't be bothered, I just get what I got last time (based on remembering the colour of the bottle, not the product name) instead of looking at what's "new" and "improved" with ylang-ylang, of course. But for some reason, I decided to see if there was a scent I would prefer more over original Downy.
I got so wrapped up in literally smelling each kind (and there were dozens!) that I didn't pay attention to what was going on around me. Until I got to one that was so wretchedly perfumed that it immediately evoked a "one-eye-shut-puckered-lips-wtf-is-that-smell" face and "OYE! YIKES!" from me.
It's at that point that I heard soft chuckling behind me. I turned around to see a middle-aged woman watching and laughing at me. I blushingly stated that that one was "not nice" to which she said "I could tell" and proceeded to pick up original Downy and move on - a sign from the fabric softener gods that I should do the same.
Meh, suppose it could be worse. I could have texted profanities to her, or sent her dating websites, or just pretended to forget something and beat it outta there in a state of embarrasment. Silver lining, people, silver lining. ;o)
2 comments:
I can see the face you made perfectly in my head. hehe
lol! that is sooooooooooo you! love it!
Post a Comment