So I went to St. Laurent today to get a few watch batteries replaced. I now have 3 "new" watches and have still just as many without working batteries. In a moment of self reflection I ended up shaking my head at myself and my consumerist ways - and then I tried to match one of the three to the outfit I was wearing tonight.
While at St. Laurent, I stopped in to see my favourite jewellery friend (who let me pick out a pair of earrings for my birthday - because she's so sweet) before heading back to Sears to get my watches. After we caught up, I proceeded back through the mall.
Now, I probably head into the mall, oh, 2 times a year maybe? I HATE shopping unless it's at the grocery store, Canadian Tire or the bookstore. Show me a mall and I retch on the inside - too many people and too much mindless wandering. I'm a get in with a list and get the hell out kinda gal so malls are torture and I have to be in a pretty rare mood to want to go in one to shop.
ANYWAYS, I was walking past a store that was really darkly lit (ie. it didn't look like it had any lights on) and there were those beaded curtains hanging in the window so you couldn't really see in. I looked up and saw that the name of the store was "After dark".
Now maybe it's because I and I had just been discussing the, ahem, "ladies home shopping party" I had attended back in September but all I could think was "holy crap, St. Laurent opened up a sex shop for Xmas (oh the double entendre -X mas as in X-rated-mas!) , right in the middle of the mall. WOW! Progressive." But as I walked by I looked in to see that in fact, it's a store full of glow in the dark crap - hence the name After Dark.
WTF? Who in their right mind, thought that this was a good business venture. I'm no Dragon's Den expert but even I can see the uselessness of a store like this. Screw novelty - it's just plain stupid.
1 comment:
"darkly lit" Is that an oxymoron and I'm the moron part of it?
Post a Comment