Tuesday, November 18, 2008

30 is the new 20...

My ass.

Look, I expected there to be physiological changes with 30 (along with the mental anguish of leaving my 20s) but I wasn't fully prepared for what they were.

Sure, for years I haven't bounced back well from a night of drinking more than one glass of wine. But I've found that Gatorade really helps that out so with age comes wisdom. Awesome. My hangover that isn't quite as bad as it could be loves that wisdom.

And let's not forget that I haven't had a caffeinated beverage past 7:00 pm for about a year now. Decaf only defeats the purpose but hey, I can deal with it.

And as that crazy character in in Notting Hill states it so eloquently "and my boosies have started to sag" - yup, don't see that one quite yet but I'm mentally prepared for it.

But the one I can't get over - and it's so shallow but has caused me anguish every morning for the last 2 months - is my uncontrollable mane.

Yup, that's right, this is a blog post about the fact that my hair is changing colour, texture and manageability. I know, in the grand scheme of the worlds problems, this is pretty much up there with forgetting to let your nails dry fully and ruining your paint job and reading celeb gossip websites and getting up in arms over what Brangelina said about your beloved Jenny A again. But I tell ya, for about 25 minutes a day, this does become one of my number one concerns. That and trying not to sneeze right after putting on mascara so it doesn't get all over my face.

I know, I know...you've missed my shallow blog posts to counter my heavier "the cat snores and it makes me laugh" ones. ;o) Again, someone pays me good money to use my brain every day - amazing.

1 comment:

Lara said...

you hair apparently can't completely change every 7 years or something. My hair has and I only discovered it after chopping off way more hair than I would have if I had known I had no more curl. whine.
so, i feel for ya.