Saturday, December 6, 2008

The biggest faux-pas I can make

I'm about to make.

If you live in Ottawa, the last thing you should ever admit to is not giving two hoots about politics.

I don't give two hoots about politics.

I don't stay up-to-date on who's doing what in parliament, I'm probably a lifer when it comes to voting for one party because that's what I've always done, and well, I just don't care enough to make it a priority in my everyday life to care.

But don't get me wrong, I'm like the Senators fans who jump on the bandwagon when it looks like they're near to winning the Stanley Cup (I know, I'm pretty impressed that I remembered the name of that trophy too). It's like all of a sudden the last thing you should ever utter is "I don't care about the Senators" because that's like saying you hate skating on the canal in the winter.

Yup, I just made that Ottawa faux-pas too!

Anyways, I digress. I will all of a sudden read up on the political parties websites (on election day, of course) of their platforms and their soon-to-be broken promises and will diligently exercise my democratic right as a Canadian and show up to vote. If anything, I do it to pay homage to those that fought so diligently to earn me my right to have that vote and I value it too much to not at least put SOME effort into making an informed decision.

The is all a precursor to what I was exposed to today that I wasn't prepared for. I have now seen signs in windows of houses and in cars driving around saying "I support a coalition"

And the pessimistic, disenchanted voter in me said "UGGGHHHHH, didn't we just go through an election where my visual senses were assaulted every time I left the house? ENOUGH! UNCLE!"

That's my rant of the day. That and I'm pretty sure that all of the money I sunk into my cat getting radioactive treatment has gone down the drain because it hasn't worked. I'll find out for sure on Monday.

Happy wasted time and money day to me - on many fronts. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BTW... I hate skating on the canal!