Thursday, December 11, 2008

Who knew mail would be my demise

Yes, mail, not male. Sorry to disappoint - this won't be some scandalous blog posting.

I had a rather shitty day, for a multitude of reasons, today. I don't have many days like this so when they happen, they hit especially hard.

While I seemed to be able to keep it all together and only smashed the birdie at a few people during badminton tonight (no, MH, I did not injure your brother ;o) ), I was feeling pretty good, all things considered, by the time I got to my mailbox.

I get two magazine subscriptions. One to Nat Geo that I love and one to Wish magazine. Wish is a fashion/lifestyle magazine that's put out by St. Joseph print group and purely Canadian. It's great. I love it. I've given subscriptions as gifts. And it's cheap! And let me reiterate - I LOVE it.

And it's being discontinued. That's what I got this evening when I opened my mailbox and saw the note glued to the front cover. I managed to make it into the garage before letting loose the water works. Over a magazine. That was the cherry on my sundae today. A freaking magazine.

For the lemonade moment? If that's the thing that ends up bringing tears to my eyes, then really, just how bad is my life, right?

I can hear you from here, SIL, "suck it up, buttercup!" And while I will never again admit it, you're right....

Life is still pretty grand, ain't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nah SIL says, It is pretty hard to always take the 'chin-up' approach to everything - you don't necessarily see the uppercut of 'life' coming at you. Mom always used to say that sometimes you just need to have a good cry to start over - and hell - it is a damn good magazine!