Friday, December 5, 2008

I am a bad, bad influence...

All my life I've been plagued with being a visual person. I remember things visually, I have a very descriptive nature, I am very observant of the world around me and I can easily connect the dots to associate things.

Learning to use this to my advantage has made some improvements in my life - for example, if I highlight the crap outta my text books, I'll absorb the information and will recall it based on the layout of the page, the colour of the highlighter used and even the page number sometimes. I'm a visual rememberer. I am also the type of person who never loses something, well almost never, because I can recall where it is. This also means that I can, on any given day, give you an accurate to about 95% description of the entire contents of my house because I can remember exactly what every room of my house looks like as of the last time I saw it. This includes drawers, closets and cupboards as of the last time they were opened.

Yes, I know. It's freaky which is why I rarely will show this side of my psyche unless you ask for directions and then you see it in true form. Actually, I should use it as a parlor trick at parties - think it'll get me a date? And really, I think this is why I have such an aversion to photos and taking them - what's the point if I can remember everything with such clarity without them. And when I lose my marbles, a photo's not going to help me anyways - you'll all still be strangers!

That being said, you've all recently been exposed to it in one way, shape or form through my "how to be a stalker" rant on the use of profile pics in Facebook and on online dating sites and in my GIS/jizz mixups comedic blunder.

Where I've now discovered it has come in handy is in recruiting of new dodge ball players. I won't get too detailed on how I recently came across a potential player but suffice to say, it kinda freaked out a few friends that I could make the associations I did.

However, I've noticed that this ease with which I show my craziness has led others to get on the crazy stalking bandwagon with me - and you all know who you are!. And for that, I apologize for being such a bad influence on you.

Well, maybe not if it gets me more dodge ball players.... ;o)

No comments: