Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's a good thing I'm not easily mortified...

Okay, nothing like a dodge ball face injury status update gets you more comments and sympathy on Facebook - or so I've discovered.

People you forget you're friends with ask how your face is doing. I like to think it's all because you think I'm so beautiful that you worry you won't be able to look at me again and see my glorious smiling face.

Right.

In reality, more people are amused that I took a dodge ball to the face and wanna see the damage it did.

Howsoever, I think the ball knocked some common sense out of me. Yeah, yeah, peanut gallery, there wasn't much there to begin with, I know.

Anyways, JJ's poor husband J gets my "I'm a stupid girl and I don't know anything about cars - please educate me" emails and is the victim of my FB stalking because he routinely comes up in my feed for status updates, photos, whatever.

I commented on one such status yesterday where he was bemoaning the fact he would be missing his hockey games this week with the fact that he should play dodge ball and then he wouldn't be sad. His mom's comment to that was to ask what dodge ball was. He replied that it was a game he would not be playing. To which I commented something along the lines that I would convert him yet and who wouldn't wanna play with a mean girl like me who takes balls to the face and keeps playing for an hour and a half.

I can imagine the chuckles as you read that - all of you dirty pervs. Of course, this pure, innocent lassie didn't even THINK about how that could be interpreted.

Until J quoted back the best part of my comment to me and said he couldn't believe I would put that on the internet. And then the guy from his work who I'm actually trying to recruit to play dodge ball also commented "Don't worry. Nobody noticed. I mean, not many people noticed."

(insert hyper-sarcastic tone) AWESOME!

I go between red-faced mortification and laughing out loud at yet another stellar moment of brilliance and glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep taking balls to the face and you won't be single for long.
AC

Anonymous said...

i'm still laughing over this one!!!