Monday, December 1, 2008

It was bound to happen at some point

I have been playing dodge ball for 3 full months now and I have yet to take a real money shot somewhere that hurts or stings.

Until tonight.

The rules state that if you deflect an incoming ball with the ball you're holding and the incoming ball doesn't touch you on the deflection, it's all good - it becomes a dead ball. Did you follow that?

So, I was holding a ball already. Their hardest thrower took aim and it would've taken me smack dead in the chest but I deflected it....

INTO MY FACE!

Yup - 100%, smack dead in the face. It stings like a you know what and my nose and teeth feel a little sore, but I stayed on my feet and threw the ball I was holding - even though technically I should have been out.

But I'm a trooper! Even if it is only dodge ball...


UPDATE: It's the next day and my nose, left cheekbone and teeth are still kinda sore. Think bruises will show up outta no where tomorrow? Those would make for wicked stories.

No comments: