Okay, we all have our vices. We also have our vices when it comes to dating as well. I have a HUGE weakness for men that speak Spanish. I quite honestly think it's one of the most beautiful languages and while 1/3 of the world's population speaks it, few of my friends do so whenever I hear someone speaking it, it just feels so magical because I know not everyone around me can understand.
This also means that going to Mexico in a few weeks I will be in complete heaven. And I will have to be careful not to be the blue-eyed, blonde-haired gringa that easily gets swept away with romantic notions of the native speakers of the language.
So last night, the gal pals and I were sitting around having a few drinks and catching up after our dodge ball game. Two friends just recently returned from a trip overseas, one is off to Jamaica in a few days and I'm off to Mexico in a few weeks. All being single, we were also joking around about the merits of vacation romances. And this is where I admitted to my vice much to their merriment.
I woke up this morning to find a few messages on my cell phone as it had been turned off last night when we went to the movie. One of the messages I at first thought was my friend P, who tries to trip me up by calling me and speaking French or on occasion Spanish to me. But then the Spanish was too good for P so I really started to pay attention.
Lovely M had called her friend Diego late last night after our outing and got him to call me and leave me a message in Spanish. It was a very PG message re. having a mutual friend who told him that I liked to hear Spanish, blah blah blah, but oh, did it make me laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment