Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dodge ball skills + babysitting = scarred for life

So, you know, I had grandiose plans for the weekend: cleaning, Christmas shopping, watching TV and catching up on everything I've missed on RoD lately. You know, all good stuff.

And then my brother and sister-in-law called around noon on Saturday and bribed me into babysitting with promises of my own personal diaper changer, good dinner, movies of my choice and early Christmas presents. How's a gal to say no to that?

Easy.

NO!

If I had just said no....but then you wouldn't be so entertained by that story now would you.

Fast forward 6 hours later and I'm at their house babysitting the boys (4 year old twins and their 4 month old baby brother) and trying to do my own bribing of trade offs for eating chicken pot pie. While I have been slowly exposed to the idea of compromise as my nephews are getting older, little did I realize that there was THAT much compromise in just getting them to do the simplest of things. Egads.

Also, I had decided I was going to play it cool and change my OWN diapers this time. I survived the first mess which didn't constitute a #1 or a #2 and was rank beyond description. I even managed to get through getting puked on. It was when I decided little baby C needed to get into pjs and have a diaper change that things went to hell in a handbasket.

So, apparently if you take your sweet ass time getting a diaper ready for a little boy they pee on you? WTF. I didn't get full on pee in face or anything because I'm a master dodger. But there was still a temper tantrum "EW EW EW EW EW" shrieking while furiously stripping to the background music of a 4 month old's giggles. Yeah, I know you're picturing it and either disgusted with me (from the non-breeders) or laughing your asses off (from the breeders). And yeah, he was laughing. LAUGH-ING.

*inside voice: someone's inheritance just shrunk a little*

Let's just say next time, I'm making full use of grandma next door and her master diaper changing skills.

2 comments:

Lara said...

ha ha ha
We sell something called a peepeeteepee for just that reason ;)

Anonymous said...

We were shocked you said yes - and for future reference a little boys wee-wee is on a timer.. . ask your brother who isn't that great a dodger.