I was headed down to Elgin the other night for a little soiree after badminton when I got going past a house that had a nativity scene set up in the living room window.
I really don't like nativity scenes. In fact, I like them less than the Marys in a Tub. Something about them just creeps me out - almost worse than angels in fact, but not quite. And truth be told, if you've got one in your house, the prankster in me will find a way to replace baby Jesus (pronounced Hey-Zeus) with some other object. (I can hear the lightbulb going off in my SIL's head as she reads and now realizes who was to blame for the sheep being worshiped instead of baby Jesus).
So, this nativity scene lacked the barn backdrop and all the animals but all the other usual suspects were there: Mary with a cherry, Joe the handyman, the 3 smart guys, and baby Jesus. However, they were all about a foot tall. I know, you're probably thinking "as if she just called her Mary with a cherry" and THEN you're thinking "yeah, and?"
Well these statues were in fact made out of glass and had a full size light bulb in each so they all glowed.
CRRR-EEEEE-PY
Even better, they were on some f'ed up timer so that they randomly blinked on and off. And here I thought that magic light show was reserved solely for irritating houses on Taffy Lane.
1 comment:
hell is waiting
Post a Comment