Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My "group"

I love my married friends. Especially my married friends who have historically hung out with me and other married people in married couple settings. No matter how much I try and put them at ease over being around "the single person", it is still a challenge almost a year later. It makes me laugh and wanna say "it's not leprosy people!"

So the latest awkward but freakin' hilarious married vs. single moment came today. We're arranging our annual friends Xmas get together and gift exchange with the two couples and me. While discussing details with D we were talking about having an Xmas movie marathon. I really want to watch Elf because it cracks me up. D said "well, we're thinking we'd watch 3 movies so each 'group' can pick a movie".

While on any other given day this may have brought a moment of "oh, woe is me", after my blunders today I can only say...

BAH HA HA HA HA! My "group"?!?!?!?

I replied that this was the best ever single moment because I don't have to compromise on whatever movie my "group" wants to put forward. That and D's the eternal PC person with using the word "group" instead of "couple". And as he put it, he's "an executive in training."

No comments: