Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stay away from my trees!

Being the science geek I am, it wasn't much for M to convince me to go to Science Cafe tonight. If you don't know what SC is, once every two weeks the Faculty of Science at CU puts on a mini lecture in easily digestible terminology for the community at the Wild Oat in the Glebe.

Tonight's lecture was on bugs and how they can hear and communicate with one another how we can use ESP to stop different bark beetles from killing our forests. Professor Yack, especially because of her enthusiasm, put on a fascinating lecture and I'll definitely be attending any lecture of hers in the future.

But the real reason I'm mentioning this, other than to be a shameless plug for all the great work that M has done to put these together, is I'm REALLY looking forward to the January 14th lecture entitled:

Cacti in Mexico, New Mexico and (wait for it).....

KALADAR!

HA HA HA! I have GOT to go if only for the SIL. And who knew there were cacti in Kaladar!

Classic.

No comments: