Sunday, December 28, 2008

I know I shouldn't be, but strangely I am

So, last night my highschool grad date sent me a friend request on FB. It's been for-ev-er since we last spoke and when I added him, I noticed my number was gettin' pretty high...no, not that number, my number of friends. J was 197 in fact.

So today I logged in after leaving the germ factory and successfully getting the new BBQ out of my car on the very first attempt (you go, girl!) and I noticed that I was now down to 196 friends from the last time I logged in.

Thing is, I went through my friends list. Think I can figure out who it is? Ahhh, the gloriousness that is fakebook - I have no idea. Even worse, I feel bad. Bad that I can't figure out who it is and even worse because someone *gasp* removed me from their friends list. It's kinda offensive but even worse I don't know who to feel offended by!

I think Fakebook will be the bane of the 21st century.

Update: Today I'm back to 197 friends. I didn't accept a friend request so who knows. I think *think* that someone killed the FB account and then reopened it because I know that FB saves ALL of your settings and friends and you don't have to reopen a brand new account (and yes, now you should be scared of FB) so perhaps that's what happened? Dunno - but it's odd...and I still can't figure out who it was...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think someone might have removed themselves like Ronnie did?

LTP said...

Maybe - beats me. Can't figure it out though - which is most likely a sign that I shouldn't be fake friends with them, right?

Lara said...

I've been deleted and it generally seems to be people that were just added because we knew each other once upon a time but really don't WANT to be friends now. I'm totally ok with them not being on my friends list anymore now that we got to do our little bit of snooping through each other's accounts :)