I was on the phone with M the other day when she made reference to her "ghetto screen" and I heard "ghettoblaster" to which I said, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!" After she clarified my misinterpretation, I told her what I thought I heard and she said, "oh yeah, I remember that".
And with that, I've decided to bring some words from the 80's (and probably early 90's) back à la JT - and oh, it's going to be sexy.
Here are my favs:
-AWESOME (yup, seen it in a few blog posts and FB status updates from me lately, haven't you?!?!)
-Ghettoblaster (this was one of my mom's favourite words when I was growing up - "turn that ghettoblaster off!")
-Barf! (you know, to describe something awful)
-Bogus
-Butt Ugly
-Chill (also chill pill - 10 bucks to the person who last used this in their status updates, C!)
-Dweeb
-For sure/Fer shur
-gnarly
-hoser (that one is for Uncle Kevin, SIL)
-(anything)-o-rama especially if used for names: Sean-o-rama!
-poser - that's for you JB!
-rad
-skank
-spaz, spazzing
-psyched/stoked
-wicked
Wanna know what's even scarier - I still use some of these! BAH HA HA HA HA! Ohhh, that's awe-some! ;o)
Add some of your own in a comment...
And for a real flash back, check this out. I forgot the binders with the flap that velcroed over. You know, this is why it's just not cool for me to wear anything that's at all made a come back the last few years. If you can remember it the first time around, it's not targeted at you this time around, sorry....
No comments:
Post a Comment