Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hell has frozen over

Okay, admittedly, I've LOVED the weather this summer. I don't deal well with the heat, as I'm sure you all know based on my bitching and complaining most summers, so this summer has been FABOO for this Northern gal. However, I'm a little disheartened at all the rain these days so I just have to remark on something before it's too late.

My office mate, J, and I fondly refer to our wall of windows as "the TV" in our office. It provides temporary distraction when you hit writer's block, it's easy to gauge the weather as we play big brother sister(s) and watch the students attire and accessories (umbrellas, etc.) as they scurry from building to building, and on occasion, especially when it's snowing really hard, it provides lengthier entertainment as we watch idiots do doughnuts in the parking lot or get stuck and have to push each other out.

So, as I look out today, the strangest thing ISN'T on the TV today:

I don't see a cloud ANYWHERE in the sky! Can you believe it? Not one. Not even a little pouffy one to ruin the perfectly blue canvass.

Hell has obviously frozen over.

No comments: