As I drove into work today, I prepared myself for the inevitable detour through campus to get to the entrance to the lot I park in. They started construction on Monday and have been rerouting traffic all through campus so on Monday, it took me 15 minutes to drive just shy of 1.5 km to get back to 100 m from where I started the detour and the entrance to the lot. Seems a bit silly (I'm being generous here in my insults because I'm in a reflective mood), especially since they hadn't even started construction yet on that section of the road. But what do I know? I'm only in communications.
So waiting at the light to turn into campus, I was thinking about my scenic routes last night (read: getting lost/not paying attention to where I was going) and thinking that I seem to be taking a lot of detours lately. And that that's kind of an interesting metaphor for my life - I have a destination in mind but that the most logical route from here to there may not always happen the way you like it because you sometimes aren't paying attention and take a wrong turn, or there's things like traffic or construction you can't control and have to take a detour. Hmmm.
And then, to my pleasant surprise, the construction crews got smart (read: someone got a lot of nasty phone calls from angry Lot 5 users) and they had opened up just a section of the road long enough to get into my lot. I didn't have to take the detour today - which is too bad because I had saved a really good 5-minute long song for that drive specifically.
Is this a sign from the universe telling me that I may just be blessed with a shortcut one of these days? Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment