Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Uber cool Olympics website

There was a long convoluted way that I got to finding this site but let's just say it started with D's serious dislike of Ian Handsome-man-thing.

Anyways, I found this site by the NY Times that shows you the medal counts of each Olympics in growing/shrinking circles (yeah, I know there's a technical term for it but I just had lunch and I'm feeling kinda stupid and sleepy) in geographic representation of the Earth of each country's medal counts for as far back as 1896. If you scroll down, you'll see the numeric list and you can roll over the bubble of the country and see the count as well.

Useless fun for my friends with Olympic fever...

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/08/04/sports/olympics/20080804_MEDALCOUNT_MAP.html


Oh, even cooler! You can click on the circle for the country and then when you scroll down it shows you which athletes have won which medal. Hats off to you, NY Times!

No comments: