It's really the only time you can bet your bottom dollar (where the hell DOES that expression come from) that I will cry at the drop of a hat.
I'm sick. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I'm sick. Since Monday, I've been nauseous and not able to sleep and chalking it up to nerves because works starting to make me feel anxious for the upcoming year (yeah, I really do now think about my years as starting in September).
Then this am, all I wanted to do was put my head on my desk and die. Hot flashes, nausea, the works. So I left work early and went home to take care of myself (read: go to bed for a few hours).
I'm still not feeling much better and in keeping with my woe is me mood when I'm sick, I'm upset that I missed my first and conveniently my LAST ball game of the summer. I feel robbed. Forget the fact that we have a tourney this weekend with 6 games. I wanted tonight. I wanted one more chance to go out with a bang.
Ah well, it doesn't really matter. What matters is getting better, right? Whatever.
Hey, it's MY woe is me moment so you just have to put up with my pathetic pleas for pity (whoa, alliteration roll today!).
1 comment:
See http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/62100.html for the Origins of Bet Your Bottom Dollar -- I love how it's a UK site and it gets all derisive towards Americans in its Origin section...
Post a Comment