Saturday, August 9, 2008

What was I thinking?

Yet another story for the B&G category.

Okay, this is really going to show that I've got no taste. While I will poke fun at those with those stupid magnetic ribbons on their cars, you can all roll your eyes at me when I confess that I like that new Pussycat Dolls song "When I grow up". And even worse, I sing and dance to it when it comes on the radio.

So picture it. I'm at home (soberly) doing doing dishes on a Friday night, shakin' my booty and singing (to I'm sure the neighbours' amusement if they looked in my dining room window):

When I grow up
I wanna be a star
I wanna be famous
I wanna be in movies

When I grow up
I wanna see the world
I wanna drive nice cars
I wanna have boobies

I've been singing these lyrics for a few months. It's this last line that especially tickles my fancy about this song because I can't believe the PCD's poor taste in trying to shape the minds of little girls to want to have boobies.

So, the song ends and the DJ comes on and is singing this last verse but saying "I wanna have groupies" It's then that I realize my blunder - but come on, can you blame me? It's the PCDs - "I wanna have boobies" sounds like something they might say, non?

Yeah, I'm thinking it too: it's amazing I get paid to use my brain at work.

No comments: