I went to JJ and J's house to hang out with their cats Nappy and Stella while they're on holidays. When I accepted to be at the felines' beck and call to get them food, water and some lovin', I said that it came with the caveat that I get instructions on how to use the tv. After all, JJ's got 7 seasons of Sex and the City - I could sit for hours petting the cats if that's on.
So, I go into the kitchen to feed the cats and I see that all of the instructions on how to care for them take up two lines: "Give each cat two cans of catfood per day and then split one can of Fancy Feast between the two of them. " That's it. Nothing else. Last time I had premeasured containers with labels to say which days there were to be dispensed on so maybe J did take it to heart that I could measure out food on my own. Alrighty, I can do that...or maybe not. I can't for the life of me find the Fancy Feast. And for how cute he is, all Nappy was only good for wrapping himself around my ankles and almost killing me. He gave me no indications as to where the Fancy Feast might be. Meh...whatever...they'll survive.
The rest of the TWO PAGES of instructions was how to use pretty much every electronic gadget in the house. I think J may be just slightly more neurotic than I am and that's a pretty big deal because you all know how neurotic I am. I mean, not only did I get instructions on how to watch a DVD, I got stereo and blue ray instructions AND I'm gonna throw a Wii party because I got instructions on how to use that as well. "Nappy, just don't tell mom and dad I threw a party while they were outta town"
I also wasn't prepared for what I saw when I got to the living room but I'll take a pic of that on Wednesday when I go back and post it. JJ and J, you're gonna have something to say about this when you get back...oh...can you feel the anticipation?
But here's the best part about it all. A classic B&G moment. Granted, I didn't get more than about 3 hours of sleep last night because something kept going bump in the middle of the night but I was too scared to get outta bed - and no, my neighbours weren't getting lucky. So, on the way there and home, I kinda got lost...3 TIMES! I can normally find JJ&J's house in my sleep but I somehow took a nice detour through Blackburn Hamlet(I prefer to call it the "scenic route"), I turned down a street too early to get to their house and when I was leaving, I somehow ended up on a dead end street (I again turned too early and needed to go one street over). I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that I left work at almost 7 so I was outta my routine...yeah...that's it...
Brilliance and glory, I tell ya, brilliance and glory.
2 comments:
FYI - typo ...only six seasons of Sex and the City
Only you would pick up on that, M, only you...
Post a Comment