Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Shoe Porn

First and foremost, I can't take credit for the lovely PG title of my first post. It's a N-coined term that I stole from her this morning after she sent me a link to yet another shoe site that she's in love with.

I have to say, I never thought I would be a shoe person. I mean, there were always the fundamentals there to make a shoe-a-holic, I had just never tapped into them before. I have historically started every day with thinking about what I have to do and subsequently what shoes I will wear to maximize comfort and appropriate style for the activities. For example, if it's a day of errands, it's flip flops all the way (don't tell my chiropodist). If it's a day of few meetings and mostly at my desk, heels work. If it's a day of running around on campus, flats are the way to go. Then I get dressed from the feet up. So really, N & JJ's attempts to convert me these last few months weren't necessarily all that difficult.

Now, realistically, I don't think I'll ever get to the point of JJ's obsession - who might I add has a whole closet in her...wait for it....KITCHEN (!) dedicated to her shoes. However, I may just make a special place for my growing collection when redesigning my closet.

2 comments:

Lara said...

A. yay! blog!
B. I just bought my 3rd pair of crocs this week - i think i may have the opposite of a shoe obsession a really need to start caring a bit more ;) maybe working in a mall will help.

LTP said...

Oh, careful - I have some die-hard croc hating readers of this blog. I don't think they'd let you get away with putting Crocs and shoes into the same category. ;o)