Okay, so I did it. After being terrified into it by all of you who were amazed that I hadn't done it already, I did it. It's been months of my couple friends saying "but how will you meet someone?!?!" that I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that, well, I ain't gonna be gettin' any phone numbers for devilishly handsome, good single guys outta you lot am I? ;o) But the tipping point came at dinner last week when for the first time I think in well, ever, I was at a table with more singles than couples and even then the singles seemed to be tossing around the idea. So I did it.
*blush*
I created an online dating profile.
*blush*
I know, I know. Everyone seems to have mixed reactions about online dating and I have friends (some of YOU I might add!) who have met their respective spouses or current LOVAHs (you know I've been dying to use that word in a blog post ;o) ) through some form of online communication. And that's fine...for now it's really just entertainment for me.
But I ESPECIALLY don't have high hopes for it after seeing some of the nutbars that have already contacted me. Guess there's something to be said for being the fresh meat on the scene. It's a little overwhelming and I'm quickly seeing why my seasoned online dating friends are a little harsher than I would like to be when dealing with the whack jobs.
Really, right now, it's about expanding the dating social network. So Billy Bob's not right for me...maybe he's right for my cute red-headed friend M who's convinced I should be the one dating the physicist. Could you imagine those conversations over dinner?
L: "But seriously, how do you think the bible believers can explain the physics of the immaculate conception? Like was it somekinda messed up energy transfer channeled from God through Gabriel? 'Cause you know, there's that whole energy can't be created nor destroyed concept. Hey, wait, where are you going? I thought we were having a nice time?"
Yes, and I know, dear Sister-in-Law, I just secured for the umpteenth time since I met you, my first-class, one way ticket to hell.
All this to say, I'm quite amused by the online dating experience I've had thus far. I'll be sure to share my horror stories along the way - come on, you know you all want to live vicariously through my dating ;o)
4 comments:
I know that the whole concept of omnipotence and blind faith leave you "science types" to chuckle at the "yeah sure baby sans sex" phenom that is Mary. Let's face it - not a typical baby - not a typical father - BUT hooray for women b/c we didn't have to be any "supernatural" force in order to be God's mother - we were special enough JUST b/c we are women. That's enough of a reason to believe if you ask me!
Wow...you somehow managed to turn my poke at the crackpotness that is Christianity into a pro-feminist diatribe. And they let you form young minds? ;o)
I "diatribe" therefore I am a teacher. It's all about making connections that are flimsy and questionable - and I get paid well for it - with 11 weeks of holidays. Don't be a hater, I experience lots of abuse - you ain't lived until a 12 year old tries to tell you how cool they are.
How about I end my date like this...."I'm just not that into you, but I told my friend Lynn about you...and she is"
Post a Comment