Saturday, August 16, 2008

Just how big IS that "kick me" sign?

Disclaimer: the following blog post is filled with self pity and woe is me commentary. The comments are those of the author and she wishes to apologize for her whining in advance. No action is necessary save for rolling of eyes and perhaps a pat on back with patronizing "there, there" next time you see her because we all know in the grand scheme of things, her life is pretty fucking swell and she shouldn't be complaining.

SO seriously, how big is that #&$*#$*& "kick me" sign on my back? I just want to know because while I know everything comes in threes, does it need to come that frequently in threes?

Like today for example. I can't for the life of me figure out why my internet connection keeps dropping. On the up side, S told me she's had problems with Rogers and that they (being Rogers) has admitted to the fact that with the weather this summer, they've been experiencing a lot of technical difficulties. To this I say, okay, I maybe need a new modem and WTF, Rogers, you didn't know we lived in Canada where you pretty much need to make your technology and equipment sturdy enough to stand a nuclear war in order to survive our weather?

Bad luck #2 - The other day I noticed mouse droppings on the shelf behind my laundry soap. Granted, it's not the nicest laundry room but I'll be honest, the decades long cobwebs are still in there from when I moved in a year ago so I doubted that they were fresh. Well, they were fresh alright, but I won't be getting any more of them. No, I did not set a trap and catch a mouse (because I hadn't seen one with my own two eyes) but tonight I came home to do some laundry and found...the mouse had died of apparent natural causes beside my laundry soap. EWWWWWW! I don't even know what to pick it up with. And I feel just terrible. Thinking about it makes me shudder. And let me say one more time for the record....EWWWWWW!

Bad luck #3 - I've been struggling to get my almost 15 year old cat to eat her new thyroid meds. Her fawn friend has a broken tooth that needs to be pulled but whatever, we'll get to that soon enough. However, while trying to reset my #*&%&%^$& modem for the umpteenth time today, she came into the storage room to use the litter box and stunk me outta the room. When I could finally get back into the room, I looked down to the litter box to find that her poop had blood in it. Great, just fucking great. Another thing to deal with with the vet.

So to this I say ENOUGH already today! I know it's a full moon and I did my due diligence to NOT run into the crazies by avoiding all places the like to hang out (like any mall) and it's seems that the insanity follows me anyways. BAHH!

Rational inside voice: Be glad you have the internet even if it's tempermental sometimes. Be glad you have a laundry room and the means to do laundry as not all people are that fortunate. Be glad you have two cats that have shown you unconditional love in your times of need and helping them through their gray years is the least that you can do.

Irrational inside voice: Mother#&$&#$ #&$#$*#4 $$&%^(@(#$ %&%^$*#*$*$

No comments: